Let the record show it was Day Ten when I started losing my mind. First we ran into a bad batch of fairing epoxy. There was none good anywhere in town, so we had to have it shipped in from Miami. Then the brand-new "heavy duty" air file (a pnuematic longboard) took a dump after only about 30 minutes of work. Nope, can't get that locally either. So we resorted to circular sanders, just to get something done. This is the same tool we would have used to get the paint off in the first place if we hadn't used the fancy stripping process that took all our old fairing away.
To distract myself, I continue trying to figure out the bridgedeck. I happened to have half a dozen 100W clamping worklights on the boat, specifically for drying out wet places. I set those up on some of our worst spots to try and speed things up. If that looks promising, I'll go get some 500W halogens.
The port stern repair is complete. The starboard keel repair got done too. We were able to cut away enough of the block to expose the damage without having to pick the boat up.