The family has left again for the next leg of their road trip. This time down to the Keys.
The sanding of the bridgedeck is finally finished and we’re taking twice-a-day moisture readings to monitor drying progress. We’re going to seal the wood, but first we want to make sure all the moisture is out. I’m beginning to wonder if this dry time might keep the boat in the yard for awhile.
Otherwise, things are going well. We just crossed the 1-week mark, and it looks like we have a fighting chance at hitting our 2-week outside estimate. There’s only one spot in the DIY area of the yard for a boat our size and it’s popular with catamarans, so running behind schedule would normally be a problem. But we discovered awhile back that the woman who manages the boatyard schedule has a weak spot for Tanya’s cookies, and we began bribing her with goodies early on. So when I asked for two weeks in the yard, she gave me four. Maybe that was just pessimism on her part, but I prefer to think she was being nice. In either case, we’re in no immediate danger of being rushed back into the water.
The port keel repair is completed. The jackstand damage under the port stern has been ground back, the broken planks cut out, and a piece of plywood chamfered in.