Today was the first official day of the project and it got off to a great start. Both engines were pulled out and sitting on the deck by 10am.
We pulled out the thru-hulls (because those are getting changed) and got started cleaning out the engine rooms. The cleaning is probably going to take several days. I tried to get the shafts out, but have not been able to get the couplings off yet. It rained all afternoon, which put a damper on the day’s overall progress.
I rescheduled the engine delivery because of the rain, and my doubt about being able to find a certain forklift operator on a rainy afternoon. I also realized there wasn’t a rush to get the crane here to do the swap until the engine rooms were ready. The new engines are better off in their crates until then.